Friday, June 13, 2014

Out with the old!

Now, I had a relatively clean space and the lights finally on. Unfortunately, that made it all the easier to see the rot damage to the port side dinette and floor boards. A couple minutes of looking at it convinced me that it was time for it to go.

On the plus side, the wood had rotten out so badly that it didnt tak all that much to remove. I had to score the base of the only fiberglass tab along the bottom with a razor, followed by a couple taps with a hammer and a bit of leverage with my crowbar and most everything on the port side came up.


The floor was even easier, the floorboards were so bad a firm pull took everything out in one go.


After that bit of fun, I spent most of the remainder of my time tearing out the dirty red and black tweed that seemed to cover everything. I didnt bother with pictures of that part because the stuff was so dusty an itchy I still dont want to be reminded of it. After another round of cleanup I finally had a (more or less) blank canvas to start my work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment